Laser cladding, also known as LMD or DLD is an additive technique for repair and manufacturing of metallic components.
The powder used as the filler material is injected through a coaxial nozzle to be melted by the laser, thereby generating a coating on the metallic parent substrate.
For this process, we use a high power laser connected to a robot or CNC system.
In Tecnoclad we have a wide experience in the optimization and development of this process and we can offer you the best solution for your final application.
Controlled and localized heat input.
dilution, maintaining a high purity in the deposited material without altering
controlled coatings (0,5-1,5 mm/layer). High-thickness multilayer coatings are
microstructures with high mechanical properties are obtained.
with 100% density.
metallurgic bond between coating and substrate.
precision and reproducibility (Automated process).
- Wear resistant coatings.
- High temperature coatings
- Processing of parts with specific surface properties in specific zones.
- Reconstruction and multilayer parts manufacturing.
- Repair of parts due to wear.
- Repair of parts due to corrosion.
- Repair of parts due to machining faults.
- Cobalt based alloys (Stellites, Ultimet, Tribaloy …).
- Nickel based alloys (Inconel 625, Inconel 718, Hastelloy …).
- Stainless steels (ie. AISI 316, AISI 431, AISI 420 …).
- Carbon steels.
- Tool steels.
- Titanium and Titanium alloys.
- Aluminium alloys.
- Petrochemical (manufacturing/repair of parts under high wear and corrosion conditions)
- Metal-mechanical (application to all of kinds of metal tools).
- Energy (improve properties or repair parts in all types of generators).
- Hydraulics (coatings on parts for pumps, valves, etc)
- Automotive (molds and dies for the manufacture parts, valve coating, etc.)
- Aeronautical (manufacturing/repair of engiune partsin hight temperature alloys, Ni base, Ti, etc).
- Railway (repair od axles and other parts subject to wear. Track repair and track improvement).
- Mining ( manufacturing/repair of parts under extreme wear).
- Recycling (useful for all parts subject to wear or corrosion conditions)
- Agro-alimentary (Tools subject to high wear).