The best option for overlay welding and repair
The laser cladding technology, also known in its different standards as LMD or DLD is a useful additive technology for the manufacture and repair of metallic components.
The powder or wire used as filler material is injected through a nozzle to be melted by the laser, thus generating a coating on the metal substrate.
This overlay welding technique has serveral advantages when compared with other traditional overlay techniques, such as lower thermal input, automation, and better mechanical properties.
- High precision and repeatability
- Minimum heat affected zone.
- Low dilution, driving to a high purity in the coating material.
- Low component distortion.
- Controlled thickness (0,5 - 1.5 mm / layer). Possiblity to apply multilayer coatings.
- Fine microstructure with high mechanical properties.
- 100% dense coatings.
- Strong metallurgical bonding between coating and substrate.
- Cobal base alloys (Stellites, Ultimet, Tribaloy …).
- Nickel base alloys (Inconel 625, Inconel 718, Hastelloy…).
- Stainless steels (ej. AISI 316, AISI 431, AISI 420 …).
- Carbon steels.
- Tool steels.
- Titanium alloys.
- Aluminium alloys .
- High temperature protection coatings.
- Hardfacing. Wear protection coatings.